The Family Mediation practice is a small, sole trader delivering a highly personal, private mediation service to a relatively small number of clients. It is our job to keep personal data safe. We will never share data with anyone, unless you tell us we can and except where we are required to do so, as set out below.
- The Family Mediation practice only collects the information necessary to deliver the family mediation service.
- The Family Mediation Practice holds all data on a single, secure computer.
- The Family Mediation Practice communicates in writing using *** UK email and via Royal Mail, in face to face meetings in suitable mediation venues and by mobile and landline phone networks.
- At a client’s explicit request, The Family Mediation Practice shares data with the family court, confirming MIAM attendance.
- The Family Mediation Practice shares data with the mediator’s Professional Practice Consultant (supervisor) who monitors quality of service.
- Where there is risk of serious harm to an adult or child, The Family Mediation Practice shares data with the relevant social services and/or law enforcement agency.
- Where required to do so under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, The Family Mediation Practice shares data with the relevant government or law enforcement agency.
- The Family Mediation Practice retains data as long as required by its insurers. Thereafter, electronic data is deleted and any paper documents shredded.
- Any breaches of data protection are recorded immediately on discovery and reported in line with General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
- If you have any questions at all about your data, please ask; it is our job to help you and our responsibility to protect your data.